Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Quick report: 13th day of stims

This morning's ultrasound revealed very "plump" looking follicles which are starting to grow!! On Monday they were all under 10mm; today there were some at 11mm and some at 12mm!

I know that sounds like a paltry increase in size - but this represents real progress for me, people!! Last stim there were absolutely no signs of activity in there for 55 days!!

The office just called to tell me to up my dose of Follistim from 150ius to 225ius tonight (the highest dose I've ever taken), and to come back tomorrow morning. Dr. G isn't playing around!

I'm just happy to be making some progress, any progress. It helps me to maintain those ever elusive hopeful feelings......

8 comments:

jeanie said...

Great news! It looks like the new doctor knows what he is doing. I am feeling very optimistic for you.

Samantha said...

Hopefully this higher dose will plump those follies up some more. I hope it doesn't get too uncomfortable!

Unknown said...

Thats wonderful news! Glad to see that things are looking good!! I hope the headaches are gone.

ms. c said...

YAY!!! Go follies go!
My nurse always says that once they start to take off they really fly- I hope that the higher dose will work perfectly!

CAM said...

I love it that the doc "isn't playing around." Let's fatten up those follies and get some good eggs! Stay positive - all looks really good.
:)

leslie said...

Hihi! Stumbled onto your blog and I'm at exactly the same stage as you - waiting for egg retrieval! Best of luck to both of us!!!

Egged Out said...

how are those follicles doing? I hope growing and growing!

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I am so happy your doctor is progressing you along like this. Wow! That is good news with the follicle growth! You are one awesome woman. I can't wait to hear how your body acts with the new dosage. When's your next appt?