Friday, July 27, 2007

4dp3dt

Ugggghhhhh. How I hate this goddamn two week wait. I feel like every day lasts for at least 3. Every day the pendulum of my emotions swings in a giant arc: if I wake up feeling hopeful and certain that I'm pregnant, I go to bed terrified and in a cold sweat that I'm not.

I've started rationing the last Harry Potter book to myself. I'm a really fast reader, and could blaze through it in one sitting if I let myself. But I decided that a regular distraction each night would be good for me. Would keep me from obsessively reading back through all of you pregnant ladies' blog entries and taking mental note of your descriptions of your retrievals, transfers, embryo quality, early pregnancy symptoms, etc. Which I'm already doing every goddamn day and so anything that keeps me from doing it at night is a good thing.

So I'm allowing myself 30 minutes of Harry per night. It's working, so far. Although, I may cave in this weekend and just read the whole damn thing. I reason that if I chose, I COULD go back and re-read ALL SEVEN Potter books during this 2ww from hell! That would keep me busy!

Oh, I HATE suspense! I just can't take this! I really can't. I think it's inhumane. It's entirely too much build-up! It's a wonder we don't all work ourselves into such a frenzy that we just combust upon receiving the beta results from our clinics.

By my calculations, a week from now, at 11dp3dt, I should be able to get a fairly reliable result from an HPT. So, a week. Or, a more distant goal - 11 more days until beta. It might as well be a thousand.

I have no symptoms. I feel completely normal. Implantation should have happened already, I think, but I've had no spotting of any kind. Which might mean something. Or it might mean nothing. Bugger!

I have to say though, I'm so, so, so encouraged by the outbreak of knocked-up-edness around here!! If you haven't heard already, go read Baby Blues, Ann, and Les' fabulous news.....I hope the good results are contagious!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one in the world still trying to finish HP. I just don't have much time to devote to reading these days. Good luck on the beta. Sorry it's taking so long to get there.

megan said...

i wish i could speed this up for you....i say go with harry potter and just re-read the whole series if you need to!

Baby Blues said...

Thanks K. I'm rooting for you. Good luck. Now try to get yourself preoccupied! :-)

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

This must be REALLY hard.... I hope your weekend was able to be enough of a distraction (what'd you do about the HP book????). I check your site EVERY DAY to see what you've said, so keep updating even if it's just to say "I'm still obsessed." Seriously, we're anxiously waiting with you!