Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Negative

As expected. Still didn't make the news any easier to hear.

I feel like an empty shell. Metaphorically, emotionally, physically.....My heart feels permanently broken. But I know it isn't.

And in spite of being just SO fucking sick and tired of all of this shit, all I really want to focus on is trying again. I don't want to hear - oh you should just take some time and grieve and think and reflect, blah, blah, blah. No, I'm all out of patience. I'm all done with taking breaks and wasting precious time. I'll be 37 in 3 months. I want to start another cycle now. Today. This very instant! That's the only thing that would make me feel any better. Plowing ahead.

So you can imagine how I wanted to leap through the phone and strangle the receptionist when she told me in a semi-snotty tone that the earliest I could get in to see Dr. G to talk about what went wrong and what we can do next is August 31. There's no WAY I'm waiting an entire month. I emailed my nurse and begged her to cram me into Dr. G's schedule anywhere she could. I would meet him in the parking lot, call him on his cell phone while he's sitting in beltway traffic, meet him at 6am,9pm, the middle of the flippin' night, whatever it takes, just get me an appointment sooner than a month away!

I thought I had prepared myself and all I would feel today is more anger, more bitterness. Interestingly, I mostly feel sad and sorry for myself right now. Not angry, so much. More pitifully disappointed. I bet more of the lovely rage I've been experiencing will be back tomorrow though.

I also don't feel like "talking this out" with any of my best friends like I usually do. The only person I want to talk to is R, and he won't be home from work for another couple of hours.

What is there to say anyway? This sucks. That about sums it up.

13 comments:

M said...

I am truly sorry - the first bfn sucks big time (actually they all suck, but the first one hits the hardest) - I hope you get onto your RE and see him and get back on the horse very very soon!!

Samantha said...

I'm really sorry. I hear your rage and your despair in your post. Hang in there and I hope you can get an earlier appointment with the doctor.

CAM said...

Sucks is right! It is not fair and just plain sucks!
So sorry.

Heather said...

I'm so sorry. I hope the nurse gets you fitted into the schedule soon!

Changing Expectations said...

K I am so sorry. It is so hard to get the BFN. I understand how you feel about wanting to see the Dr. right away. Keep on the nurse and she will get you in.

Hang in there. I am thinking about you.

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
In Search of Morning Sickness said...

(Sorry that comment deleted was with the wrong account) I am so, so very sorry. I did not expect it to end like this.... But your feelings are valid about just wanting to keep moving forward! I am shocked they said you couldn't see the dr until the 31st! Shouldn't they at LEAST be able to start you on BCP's now and put you on a cancellation list? You're right to persist. I'll be hoping to hear more from you. But in the meantime I'm SO very sorry. *hugs*

Jen said...

I think I might change the S in sucks to an F.

It just isn't fair and the 31st? That blows.

I am so sorry about the negative though. Thinking of you!

Ann said...

I'm so sorry. I firmly believe that there is ALWAYS a way to get an appointment--you just have to be insistent enough. They can make last-minute appts. for wandings--they can certainly squeeze you in for a consultation!

jeanie said...

I second what Ann said-- they will fit you in if you make it known that it's really important to you to be seen NOW. You may have to be very honest about how you are feeling with someone you hardly know (your nurse?), but I think it will pay off with a much sooner appt. You shouldn't have to add a long wait to everything else you are dealing with now.

megan said...

oh K, i'm really sorry. i hope you're able to get started on another cycle soon.

Julie said...

What a terrible, sickening disappointment. I am so sorry.

Erin said...

Ugh - I am so sorry. I know just what you mean about thinking you've prepared yourself for the worst. I was so surprised at how hard my BFN hit me. I hope you can see your doctor soon!