Friday, May 18, 2007

I am...

OK, Samantha and Jen both tagged me for this, so here goes:




I Am


I am happy, kind, empathetic, and generous to a fault.


I am the kind of person who cries and laughs easily and often.


I am a child of God, and a big believer in His mercy.


I am the wife of a man with whom I wanted to be my whole life, even before I had ever met him.


I am acutely aware of how lucky I am to have such limitless and complete love for my husband, and to have a husband who loves me as deeply and unconditionally as he does.


I am the only-child daughter of a widowed only-child mother who has been my closest friend and confidante since I was teenager.


I am a senior project manager for a financial services company....and I dream of being 'independently wealthy.'


I am blessed with several especially close friends who are my family in every respect except blood lines.


I am a lifelong dog lover, and the daily recipient of doggy kisses that make my heart swell from our Westie, Murphy. I am certain I would not be able to get out of bed for a month if something bad happened to him.


I am a worry-wart, and have a constant movie scene of worst-case scenarios playing unrelentingly in my mind.


I am a 'soon'-to-be Mother, even though I have no idea if or when our next fertility treatment will work.


I am delighted when cooking and entertaining and surrounded by family and friends in my home.


I am striving to be more grateful for all of the joy and wonder in my life.



Now, this seems to have run around the blogosphere several times over. So, if you haven't yet been singled out to perform this little exercise - consider yourself tagged!!

6 comments:

Baby Blues said...

Wonderful "I am" post. We have a lot in common.

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I enjoyed reading this, really. I found it interesting and entertaining (LOL at the independently wealthy comment). I LOVE cooking and entertaining family/friends. This past weekend my brother graduated high school and I cooked up an amazing cheese fondue, meat fondues, and chocolate fondue complete w/awesome dippers. FUN!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I read your often, FYI, and will continue to do it. I can't wait to see how things w/your new RE continue to go.

Kellie with an "ie" said...

I love this - it made me smile! Hope you are doing well.

Jen said...

Great I am.

CAM said...

Love the "I am" As far as the IM injections...yes you will feel as if you'd been kicked by a horse! But, its a constant reminder that you are working on something wonderful. Keep posting about your upcoming IVF cycle...I am just starting my 3rd round. Fingers and toes crossed :)

Samantha said...

Beautiful poem!