Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, I don't feel at all worthy of this, but my dear Jenna has suggested that I belong on her list of Distinguished Blogger Flame of Fortitude honorees. Although I humbly appreciate her tag - I've been feeling so un-thankful and un-thanksgiving-ish this week that it feels counterfeit to even post about this. Ugh.

I've been feeling so sad this week - I can't seem to get into any kind of holiday spirit. Usually by this time I'm feeling warm and fuzzy and spiritual and reflective and all of that. But this year I feel like I'm digging waaaaay down and the warm fuzzies just aren't coming. I'm going to try VERY hard tomorrow to dredge up some thankful-ness and put on a happy face and appreciate time with my family. But it won't be as natural as it normally is. I keep breaking into tears for inappropriate reasons and at inconvenient times. I had to race off to the bathroom several times at work this week before any one saw me having a "moment". I really, really hate feeling this pitiful.

I hope to post something much more cheerful, or at least productive, after we get back from Thanksgiving. Hope all of y'all in the US have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow with your families and friends!

3 comments:

megan said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope the day goes okay..only do what you feel up to, and if you have to go and hide for a while, do it. take care of yourself first, relatives and turkey second...

CAM said...

I understand the pitiful feelings. Sometimes I don't voice my inner feeling even to my husband b/c I think he must be sick of hearing me be miserable. I haven't posted in awhile either b/c I feel like I only have negative things to say. So...you are not alone. Its ok that we feel this way and if we need to cry - we'll just have to cry.
:(

Samantha said...

I hope your Thanksgiving was okay, and you had a little time to yourself to feel sad, if you needed it.