Friday, June 29, 2007

Let the wandings begin!!

So, my BCP-withdrawal induced period began on Wednesday, miraculously right on time. I'm choosing to take that as a sign of good things ahead for this cycle. Wouldn't it be just fabulous to have a body that reacts predictably to external stimuli? (Read that: drugs, drugs, and more drugs.)

I've been taking the Lupron injections every morning now for over a week. The needles are so tiny, I almost can't even feel them! I've only had one bruise, from yesterday morning - I was half asleep and on auto-pilot, and just kind of jabbed myself willy-nilly. Every other deliberate stick has been painless and bruise-less.

This morning I went in for the Day 3 baseline sonogram and blood draw. All things considered, it was as pleasant an experience as one can have, getting one's arm stuck and one's hoo-ha probed.

Everything looks quiet, except for the usual suspects - the ever-present cysts on my my poly-freakin'-cystic ovaries. But Dr. G said as long as my estrogen comes back low, I'm good to go to start the stims tonight. Woo-hoo! I'll be filling up another few Sharp's containers soon enough!

(Btw, I'm morbidly fascinated by the 4 CHOCK FULL Sharp's containers residing under my bathroom sink which are left over from my last marathon injection cycle. No manner of self-counseling has spurred me to haul them back to the RE's office for disposal. I get some perverse sense of accomplishment from hefting their weight and imagining exactly how many needles and syringes are stuffed into each container. How many needle sticks in the belly does that container represent? How many dollars worth of drugs were injected through those used syringes? I really can't bring myself to get rid if them. I don't know why. I think I might have a problem.)

My protocol for the weekend is as follows (assuming my estrogen comes back low): 112.5 ius of Follistim and 37.5 ius of Menopur each night, 5 units of Lupron every morning, plus my pre-natal vitamin and baby aspirin (which, for anyone who doesn't know, is supposed to help with implantation).

I go back on Monday morning for another wanding session. Meantime, I'll be resuming my nightly pep talks to the ovaries. Get off your duffs in there, girls! Time to make the eggs!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desk and the link of your blog.
I'll publish on my blog!.
Thanks Frank
EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

Jen said...

I hope the nightly pep talks do wonders!

I am wishing you tons of luck this cycle!

Samantha said...

Good luck and give those ovaries a good pep talk!

Ann said...

Hmm, I think we all have a side of us that needs to keep remnants from the (unpleasant) past around. My friend's cell phone voice mail is almost always full because she keeps vm messages from old boyfriends she hasn't seen in years. She says she just can't bear to get rid of them.

ms. c said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is going according to plan so far. I'm hoping for a great E2 result so taht you can move forward smoothly.
As for your sharps container-I don't blame you fo not wanting to let go of that.

Baby Blues said...

Seems everything is going smoothly as planned. Good luck! Show those ovaries who's boss! :-)