Friday, March 2, 2007

MWAH-HA-HAAAAA!!!! (in manner of The Count, from Sesame Street)

Went for a wanding session this morning, and my RE took one look at the sonogram screen and said, "K, your ovaries are laughing at us." While I was trying to figure out how to take that little gem, on his way out the door he said, with his hands over his ears, "They're saying, we can't hear you! We can't hear you! Let's try another four days of meds, and hope that they don't decide we're shouting at them....See you on Monday!"

Well, at least the man has a sense of humor. And if I wasn't able to laugh at this point, I'd be homicidal.

So, I'm going to try to have a heart to heart with the old ovaries tonight. Give them a little pep talk, you know, if I can manage to get their attention. This attitude of theirs, this aloofness, has really got to go. They can't continue in this fashion, it simply isn't becoming.

The RE has also decreed that I shall switch from Bravelle to Follistim as of Monday (if there's still no cooperation from the ovaries.) Since I'm taking a dose and a half of Bravelle each time, and since I have to mix up the meds from the vials, I'm basically having to throw away a half dose of the stuff every night. And these drugs ain't cheap, am I right ladies? So, I'm all for the Follistim, as the RE described that I can just dial up whatever dose I need from the pen-thingy, no muss, no fuss, and no dinero down the drain each time.

Oy vey -

K

6 comments:

Baby Blues said...

Come on ovaries, make your momma K proud! Be good girls and listen up!

I hope you get them to cooperate with your pep talk. :-)

Watson said...

You get to switch to the pen thingey?

I'm jealous, girl!

(GAWD. Never thought I'd be jealous of something like that!)

I hope the new meds work wonders and your follies start paying attention.

Good luck, K!!!

ms. c said...

Go Ovaries Go! I'm heading over there to give them a kick in the butt. (Do ovaries have a butt??)

You will find the Follistim pen MUCH easier, and certainly with less waste.

I'm glad that your Dr's humour is keeping you sane. I'm really impressed with the way you are hanging in on this cycle.

Kellie with an "ie" said...

Ovaries! Ovaries! Rah rah rah! Hope you got good news today!

Watson said...

Had to stop back by to say your comment had me howling with laughter!!!

Like, serious SNORTING!!

Too bad we're not neighbors and could sit around and come up with evil plots to torture our husbands...

Keeping The Faith said...

Okay- I've been waiting for an update...are your ovaries still laughing...any action going on? I think of you often and hope your cycle is really off the ground soon! You must be soooo sick of the shots.

-Faith