Wednesday, February 21, 2007

No news is good news?

Weeeeell peeps, nothing earth shattering to report from this morning's monitoring appointment. Basically, the old ovaries are taking their sweet-ass time, blast them. The nurse said I had "tons of eggs", but that things were still looking "pretty quiet." Harumph. That means 4 more days of shots at the same miniscule dose, lest all those eggs ripen at once and give us the potential for having a litter.

I go back on Sunday morning for the next monitoring appointment. Until then, it's pincushion city.

Did I mention that at the beginning of this cycle Dr. D warned me that some lucky ladies with PCOS must endure 2 to 3 months of daily shots before they are ready to trigger? Yes, that's right, I said 2 to 3 MONTHS, not weeks. Good God! He explained that PCOS sufferers tend to not respond, not respond, not respond to the drugs, and then suddenly...OVER respond with little warning. Therefore, we must go veeeery, veeeeery slowly. Fabulous. Just what I wanted to hear! Newman.

7 comments:

Baby Blues said...

New to your blog but I plan to visit more often, I hope you don't mind if I put you on my blogroll. I also have PCOS. Good luck on your first IUI. I hope your ovaries cooperate and respond well. :-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck from me too :)

ms. c said...

You see... I told you I'd be back!
I'm just wondering what drugs you are injecting and what your dose is... I know that I use an agonizingly small dose of Puregon (Follistim in the US), and slow and steady wins the race in my case. (Not that I have reached the ultimate goal, but I HAVE been able to produce fillicles- something I never did before...)
Good Luck K!

Kellie with an "ie" said...

K, We probably wouldn't know what to do if our bodies actually decided to be COOPERATIVE for once. Hang in there! I'll be hoping for good news on Sunday. Thanks again for the e-mail!

Keeping The Faith said...

Goodness. I can't imagine months of shots.... I hope you never get close to being on them that long. Several weeks is long enough as it it. It is amazing how quickly we get used to it though. I found that I stopped even thinking about it b/c it became such a part of my routine.

Are you on Metformin for PCOS? If not you might want to look into that. Not that your asking for the assvice I'm offering :-)

Hope your ovaries respond well- not too little and not too much but just right :-)

-Faith

Baby Blues said...

Is your hubby wearing a "Barong"? Is he Filipino? :-)

Watson said...

Hi!

I hope your latest appointment well and the girlie bits are springing into action!